You’ve bought a new male puppy and you need a great name. This list of boy dog names with meanings will help you out.
Naming a boy dog can be a difficult process. You need to ensure your dog’s personality, behavior, and appearance while naming a dog.
When you choose the name for your dog from the below list, just remember that the name should fit your dog. The one that will stay with you for the long time or so.
Searching for a name for your pooch? We have listed ultimate collection of unique boy dog names. Choose a male dog names that perfect for your strong, unique, and Spanish dogs.
We also have an entire girl names section too!
Unique List of Boy Dog Names with Meanings
- Keats: This name is from the last name of the famous poet, John Keats.
- Lazer – The modified name of “laser,” a device that emits light.
- Wit: This is how the Dutch say, “White.” Wit is also a smart humor.
- Taser: A Taser is a non-lethal weapon that shocks a person.
- Hawk: This is bird of prey, which hunts small animals and other birds.
- Falcon: Falcons are bad ass birds. They’re total meat eaters, with wicked talons.
- Raul – Spanish origin
- Rascal: A rascal is a kid or man that acts naughty.
- Mateo – Hebrew origin meaning ‘gift of God’
- Dingo: This is an Australian wild dog.
- Rocky – The name of a boxer character from the movie “rocky.”
- Max – It’s the name of the bionic German shepherd dog from the TV show “Bionic Woman.”
- Dobby: Dobby was the house elf in the Harry Potter series.
- Leo – Latin origin meaning ‘Lion’
We have also shared manly dog names. You love to read these names from this article.
Male Dog Names with Meaning Loyal
- Kid: This is another term for child.
- Jethro: This name means, “overflow.”
- Kane: Kane is an Irish name that means, “Fighter.”
- Gunnar – A Nordic name, meaning “Soldier.”
- Pedro – Spanish origin meaning ‘rock’
- Scoro: This name is from the blue gemstone, Scorodite.
- Fang: This is what Hagrid called his pooch in Harry Potter. It is also the slang term for canine teeth.
- Mark – Derived from the old Latin name “Mart-kos,” meaning “God of war.”
- Ringo: This is a shout out for the Beetles. Ringo Starr was their drummer.
- Giovani – Italian meaning ‘God is gracious’
- Jax: Jax is the nickname for the Florida city, Jacksonville.
- Amir – Arabic for Prince. Strong commanding
- Tyson – It is a nickname used to refer to a person having a fiery temperament.
- Luke – A Greek word having the meaning “light-giving.”
- Knight – In the middle ages, this name refers to a warrior who fought for a lord.
- Taranis: This was the Thunder God in Celtic mythology.
Check out more loyal badass guard dog names from here.
Strong Boy Dog Names with their Meanings
- Nasir – Arabic origin meaning ‘supporter’
- Hoch – The other word for “tall.”
- Tater: This is another word for a potato.
- Kazoo: This is a tiny noise maker. When you blow on it, a vibrating noise is produced.
- Lord – A general title was given to the Prince.
- Wattz – The modified name of “Watts,” the unit of power.
- Atticus – Of Latin origin. Made popular by the book ‘to kill a Mockingbird’
- Mac –The stage name of the American rapper “McKinley Phipps.”
- Reggie: Reggie comes from the meaning of, “ruler’s advisor.”
- Lucifer: Lucifer in Latin means, “light bringer.” However, this is also the name of the Devil.
- Wilson: This old English name means, “son of Will.”
- Knox – British word meaning ’round-top hill’
- Enzo – Italian. Meaning ‘home ruler’
- Everest: Most people link this name with Mt. Everest. This is the highest mountain above sea level.
Female dog are also too strong. Check out strong female dog names from this article.
Black Male Dog Names with Meaning
- Face: Face is from the TV show, A-Team. Templeton Peck was the con man of the group.
- Luca: Luca is from the name, Lucas. This name means, “light.”
- Captain – A person who heads or is in charge of the work assigned to him.
- Rudy: This is a German name that means, “famous wolf.”
- Major – Latin word meaning ‘greater’
- League – Referring to the “League of Legends,” an online video game.
- Leon – Greek origin meaning ‘lion’
- Doc: Doc means, “Wise person.” It is also the nickname of gunslinger, “Doc” Holiday. Doc Holiday was a major character in the movie Tombstone.
- Jet: A jet is a plane that uses jet engines instead of propellers.
- Remo: This wicked name means, “Strong.”
- Gage – French origin meaning ‘pledge/oath’
- Louis: Louis means, “famous warrior.” Lou and Louie are nicknames for Louis.
- Diogee: You will need to be an extrovert if you pick this name. Explaining it will always lead to talking with people. Diogee is the exact spelling of D O G.
- Rum: This is the sweet booze made from molasses.
- Wolf: Every canine has some wolf in it.
- Gideon – Hebrew meaning ‘powerful warrior’
Looking for more black dog names? Check out our article on black dog names.
Male Dog Names with Meaning Protector
- Rhino: This is a large destructive animal. They have huge horns on their snout.
- Price – Old French origin meaning ‘prize’
- Cannon – French. ‘Meaning official of the church’
- Cyrus – Derived from the Greek form Kyros meaning ‘king’ or ‘lord’
- Dino: Dino is the name of the Flintstones pet. It is also an Italian name that means, “Little sword.”
- Falk: This what the Germans use for the word, “Falcon.”
- Elian – Spanish originating from the clan ‘Aelia’
- Hammer: This is the tool used to drive in nails or to break things.
- Colt – British origin meaning ‘frisky young horse’
- Kaiju – A Japanese film that featured giant monsters.
- Hank: Hank means, “home ruler.” Hank is sometimes used as a nickname for Henry.
- Easton – If you live in the East of the country you might like this! Originating from Britain meaning ‘east settlement’
- Briggs – English origin meaning ‘bridges’.
- Rico: Rico is a Spanish name that means, “strong ruler.”
- Milan – Is a Sanskrit word meaning ‘coming together’
- Maximus – The Latin name for the word “greatest.” So, a magnificent name for your dog!
- Ham Bone: This is the large bone that is in a cut of ham.
- Nile – Irish origin meaning ‘champion’
- Sofa – A soft furniture that looks big, having cushions, and occupying space. So, it will be a funny name for your dog!
- Spartan – A monk-like human being.
- Simha – A Sanskrit name that provides the meaning “lion.”
- Finley: Finley means, “hero,” or “warrior.”
- Winnie: This name is for Winnie the Pooh. He is a bear in a kid’s book series.
- Shah – The Persian title given usually to the “emperor.”
- Rambo – It’s the name of a fictional character “John Rambo” from the novel “First Blood.”
- Bronson – Middle English origin meaning ‘son of the brown man’
- Laird – A Scottish name for “landlord.”
- Taron: Taron is cool sounding name. It means, “Earth Man.” Which might be weird to call a dog, but it is unique.
- Kane – Irish. Meaning ‘little battler’
- Romeo – Italian origin. The name is best known for the star crossed lover from William Shakespeare famous play
Check out larger list of Masculine dog names from this article.
Male Dog Names with Meaning Love
- Bruce – French. Originated from Robert the Bruce, who became the king of Scotland in the 14th century
- Kobe – Popular Hungarian name
- Kinslee – British origin meaning ‘kings meadow’
- Kevin: Kevin means, “of noble birth.”
- Grady – Irish. Meaning ‘renowned’
- Nash – British origin meaning ‘by the ash tree’
- Diamond – It is the hardest substance though looks elegant. A daring name for your dog!
- Dipper: A dipper is someone or something that dips. It is also the name of a bird.
- Jay: The name meaning is, “To rejoice.” Also, this is a shout out to the bird Blue Jay. So, this would make a cool name for a blue-eyed pooch.
- Razor – The other name of blade. As the blade is hard, it will be a tough name for your dog.
- Rip: Rip mean to tear. It also means, Rest in Peace.” It used to be put on grave stones.
- Yoda – It is derived from the Sanskrit name meaning “warrior.”
- Kevlar: This material is used to make bullet proof vests. This would be a cool tag for a police canine.
- Malik – The Somalian name meaning “King.”
- Feta: This is a Greek cheese made from goat’s milk.
- Luca – Italian. Meaning ‘bringer of light’
- Winston: This name means, “joyful stone.”
- Mickey – The short name of a funny cartoon character “Mickey Mouse” created by Walt Disney.
- Roland – German origin meaning ‘renowned land’
Guys, these are the ultimate list of boy dog names with meanings. We hope that you like the collection of unique boy dog names. Please share these dog names with friends and family on social media sites.