Have you or your friend recently adopted a Belgian Malinois dog? We’ve gathered a comprehensive list of Belgian Malinois dog names for male and female puppies.
Choosing the perfect name for a medium-sized dog can be a difficult process. You need to understand your dog’s personality, behavior, appearance, and characteristics to name a dog.
The Belgian Shepherd (also known as the Belgian Sheepdog or the Chien de Berger Belge) is a breed of medium-sized herding dog from Belgium. While predominantly considered a single breed, it is bred in four distinct varieties based on coat type and color; the long-haired black Groenendael, the rough-haired fawn Laekenois, the short-haired fawn Malinois, and the long-haired fawn Tervuren; the United States the American Kennel Club considers the four varieties to be separate breeds. Wikipedia
These dogs can be used as assistance dogs, companion dogs, detection dogs, guard dogs, guide dogs, police dogs, and search and rescue dogs.
These solid black double-coat dogs are intelligent, alert, and sensitive. This breed comes in long-haired, rough-haired, and short-haired coats.
To help you to start with the process of finding the perfect name for a dog, we’ve handpicked a complete list of male and female names for Belgian Malinois dogs.
List of Top Belgian Malinois Dog Names for Male and Female Puppies
We’ve shared the ultimate list of top and famous police male and female names for Belgian Shepherd. Have you brought home a Belgian malinois or Belgian shepherd, and looking for a better name, then this is the list where you can get the most badass and cool dog names for your puppy.
Understanding the Belgian Malinois Breed
Belgian Malinois is a breed of dog that originates from Belgium. They were initially bred as herding dogs and were used to work on farms and protect livestock. Today, the Belgian Malinois is primarily known for their service as working dogs in fields such as military, law enforcement, search and rescue, and personal protection.
History and Origin
The Belgian Malinois is one of four breeds that were developed in Belgium during the late 19th century. The other three breeds include the Tervuren, the Laekenois, and the Groenendael. The Malinois was initially bred for herding and became popular as a working dog, especially in the military and law enforcement.
The Belgian Malinois is a medium to large-sized dog, with males standing at 24-26 inches and females standing at 22-24 inches at the shoulder. They typically weigh between 60-80 pounds. The Malinois has a short, straight coat that is usually fawn-colored with black markings. They have a sleek, athletic build with a muscular and agile body that makes them well-suited for physical activity.
Temperament and Personality Traits
Belgian Malinois is known for their intelligence, loyalty, and protectiveness. They are highly trainable and respond well to positive reinforcement. They are also very energetic and require plenty of exercises and mental stimulation to prevent boredom and destructive behavior.
Badass Names for Belgian Malinois
These badass names are perfectly made for male and female puppies. The Malinois is one of four Belgian herding dogs that are all considered varieties of a single breed in their homeland.
Looking for more badass names for dogs? Check out our article on badass dog names.
Belgian Malinois Names by Color
One popular way to give your dog a unique and fitting name is to choose a name based on their coat color. Here are some examples of Belgian Malinois names based on different coat colors:
Fawn-colored Belgian Malinois have a beautiful and unique coat that ranges from light tan to a darker brown. Here are some great names for fawn-colored dogs:
- Honey: This sweet and warm name is perfect for a dog with a light tan coat.
- Ginger: This spicy name is great for a dog with a darker brown coat.
- Sand: A simple and descriptive name that suits a fawn-colored dog perfectly.
- Caramel: This tasty name is perfect for a dog with a warm and inviting coat color.
- Peanut: A fun and playful name that works well for a dog with a lighter fawn-colored coat.
Black and Tan:
The classic black and tan coat of the Belgian Malinois is a favorite among many dog owners. Here are some great names for black and tan dogs:
- Shadow: A dark and mysterious name that suits the black and tan coat perfectly.
- Diesel: A strong and powerful name that reflects the boldness of the black and tan coat.
- Raven: A classic name that suits the sleek and elegant black and tan coat.
- Ninja: A fun and playful name that works well for a black and tan dog who loves to be active.
- Onyx: A unique and striking name that reflects the dark beauty of the black and tan coat.
Black and White:
Belgian Malinois with black and white coats is rare but stunning. Here are some great names for black and white dogs:
- Oreo: A playful and fun name that suits a dog with a black and white coat perfectly.
- Panda: A cute and cuddly name that works well for a dog with a black and white coat.
- Zorro: A bold and adventurous name that reflects the striking black and white markings of a dog.
- Domino: A fun and creative name that highlights the unique and distinctive markings of a black and white dog.
- Storm: A powerful and dramatic name that suits a black and white dog perfectly.
Mahogany-colored Belgian Malinois has a beautiful and rich reddish-brown coat color. Here are some great names for mahogany dogs:
- Copper: A classic and fitting name for a dog with a reddish-brown coat.
- Auburn: A beautiful and elegant name that reflects the deep reddish-brown color of the coat.
- Russet: A warm and inviting name that suits a dog with a rich mahogany coat.
- Red: A simple and fitting name that highlights the reddish-brown hue of the coat color.
- Brick: A strong and bold name that works well for a dog with a deep reddish-brown coat.
Gray Belgian Malinois have a beautiful and unique coat color that ranges from light silver to a darker slate gray. Here are some great names for gray dogs:
- Silver: A classic and elegant name that suits a dog with a light gray coat perfectly.
- Ash: A unique and fitting name that reflects the cool and sophisticated nature of the gray coat.
- Slate: A strong and powerful name that suits a dog with a dark gray coat perfectly.
- Misty: A playful and fun name that highlights the soft and gentle nature of a light gray coat.
- Steel: A bold and strong name that works well for a dog with a dark and imposing gray coat.
Meaningful Belgian Malinois Names by Personality Traits
Belgian Malinois dogs are known for their unique and strong personalities, which makes choosing a name that reflects their traits important. Here are some Belgian Malinois names categorized by personality traits:
- Valor: A name that reflects your dog’s courage and bravery.
- Hero: A name that represents your dog’s heroic nature.
- Maverick: A name that signifies your dog’s independent and fearless personality.
- Rocky: A name that represents your dog’s strong and determined nature.
- Faith: A name that represents your dog’s unwavering loyalty and devotion to you.
- Atlas: A name that signifies your dog’s strength and support.
- Knight: A name that represents your dog’s chivalrous and loyal nature.
- Buddy: A name that represents your dog’s companionship and loyalty.
- Bolt: A name that signifies your dog’s speed and agility.
- Jax: A name that represents your dog’s lively and energetic personality.
- Blitz: A name that represents your dog’s energetic and lively nature.
- Zara: A name that signifies your dog’s zestful and lively personality.
- Einstein: A name that represents your dog’s intelligence and wit.
- Apollo: A name that signifies your dog’s intellectual and sharp personality.
- Phoenix: A name that represents your dog’s smart and clever nature.
- Tesla: A name that signifies your dog’s bright and intelligent personality.
- Rogue: A name that signifies your dog’s independent and free-spirited nature.
- Maverick: A name that represents your dog’s non-conformist and independent personality.
- Solo: A name that represents your dog’s independent and self-sufficient nature.
- Rebel: A name that signifies your dog’s independent and rebellious personality.
Belgian Malinois Names for Companion Dogs
Boy Names for Belgian Malinois
Belgian Malinois Names for Herding Dogs
Belgian Malinois Name Inspirations from Pop Culture
Girl Names for Belgian Malinois
Click on this link for more girl dog names.
Belgian Malinois Names for Puppies
Belgian Malinois Names for Senior Dogs
Military Belgian Malinois Names
Belgian Malinois Names for Police and Military Dogs
Belgian Shepherd Names
Female Malinois Names
Belgian Malinois Names for Service Dogs
Belgian Malinois Puppy Names
- Arrow Head
- Black Face
- Choc Bod
- Tan Man
- Orlando Zoom
- Shooting star
- Quick Sliver
Female Belgian Malinois Names and Meanings
- Alicia – Noble in nature
- Camille – Free-born or Noble
- Christine – Follower of Christ
- Daisy – day’s eye
- Enora – Foreign
- Marvin – Mighty Lord
- Natasha – Birthday
- Norah – Honor
- Nelly – Light or shining
- Derrick – Gifted ruler
- Emile – Eager to strive
Belgian Malinois Names for Therapy Dogs
Belgian Malinois Names for Agility Dogs
Strong Malinois (Belgian Shepherd Dog) Names
Belgian Malinois Names for Hunting Dogs
Belgian Malinois Names for Multiple Dogs
Related: Trendy Storm Dog Names
Belgian Malinois Names for Owners with Small Apartments
Belgian Malinois Names for Show Dogs
Related: Fluffy White Dog Names
Belgian Malinois Names Starting with “B”
Belgian Malinois Dog Names Starting with “M”
Guys, these are the complete list of male and female names for Belgian Malinois dogs. We hope that you like the precious list of dog names. Please share with friends and family on social media sites.
More Dog Name Ideas
- Alaskan Malamute Names for Dogs
- German Male Dog Names and Meanings
- Weimaraner Dog Names
- Female Chocolate Lab Names
- Flat-Coated Retriever Dog Names
Belgian Malinois Names FAQ
The short-coated red, fawn or grey ‘Malinois’,
the long-haired fawn, red or grey ‘Tervueren’,
the long-haired black ‘Groenendael’, and
the rarer rough-coated reddish fawn ‘Laekenois’.
Belgian Malinois Dog are loyal and devoted, excellent family pets, and fun to be around. They are alert, quick learners, and have a need to be busy all the time. Most tend to bond very strongly with one person.
Leave a Reply