European dog names are perfect options for those who are looking for cool and cultured name that perfectly fits their new little furry.
Choosing a right name for any breed can be difficult process. You need to understand your dog’s behavior, personality, and characteristics to name a dog.
Maybe you are planning to travel to Europe and before travel you want to explore some good European dog names for male and female puppies. Then these are the excellent dog names for European dog breeds.
Europe is a continent located entirely in the Northern Hemisphere and mostly in the Eastern Hemisphere. It is bordered by the Arctic Ocean to the north, the Atlantic Ocean to the west, the Mediterranean Sea to the south, and Asia to the east.
To help you to start with the process of finding perfect name, we’ve handpicked unique and unusual list of male and female dog names for European canine.
- 1 Greek Dog Names
- 2 Polish Dog Names
- 3 Irish Dog Names
- 4 Scottish Dog Names
- 5 English Dog Names
- 6 Spanish Dog Names
- 7 Italian Dog Names
- 8 French Dog Names
- 9 German Dog Names
Greek Dog Names
Greek Male Dog Names
Greek Female Dog Names
Other Greek Dog Names and Meanings
- Selene – Goddess of the moon
- Thanatos – God of death
- Rhea – Goddess of nature
- Tartarus – God of the depths of the underworld
- Tyche – Goddess of fortune and prosperity
- Terpsichore – One of the Muses
- Uranus – God of the sky
- Urania – One of the Muses
- Typhon – God of monsters
- Zelus – The god of jealousy
- Zephyrus – God of the West Wind
- Harmonia – Goddess of harmony
- Zeus – God of lightning, thunder, and the heavens
- Eileithyia – Goddess of childbirth
- Atlas – The Primordial Titan who carried the weight of the world on his back
- Gaia – Goddess of the Earth
Discover even more Greek Dog Names.
Polish Dog Names
Polish Male Dog Names
Polish Female Dog Names
Other Polish Dog Names and Meanings
- Pies – The Polish word for “dog.”
- Wilk – The Polish word for “wolf.”
- Polska – The Polish word for “Poland.”
- Pierniki – A Polish gingerbread that has been produced since the Middle Ages.
- Uroczy – Meaning “cute.”
- Pączki – These delicious filled doughnuts are popular in Polish cuisine.
- Polski – Meaning “Polish” in Polish.
- Kaszanka – A traditional blood sausage in east and central European cuisine.
- Błędów – The name of a city and desert.
- Polesie – As in Polesie National Park, located in eastern Poland.
- Kopytka – A Polish dumpling that is similar to Italian gnocchi and German Schupfnudel.
- Gdańsk – A large Polish city on the Baltic coast.
- Biebrza – A river in north-eastern Poland.
Discover even more Polish dog names.
Irish Dog Names
Irish Male Dog Names
Irish Female Dog Names
Other Irish Dog Names and Meanings
- Doyle – black stranger
- Finley – fair-haired hero
- Kirby – church settlement
- Guinness – The famous Irish stout originated in Dublin.
- Finnegan – white, fair
- Whiskey – Irish whiskey is quite popular. Fun fact: By law, Irish whiskey must be produced in Ireland and aged in wooden casks for a period of no less than three years.
- Donnelly – dark, brave one
- Shandy – Shandy, a beer mixed with a soft drink, is quite popular in Ireland.
- Donovan – dark
- Lucky – Because it’s the luck of the Irish!
- Ennis – This Irish town could also serve as a unique male dog name.
- Killarney – The city of Killarney is home to a spectacular national park.
- Aidan – little and fiery
- Bailey – Baileys Irish Cream is an Irish whiskey- and cream-based liqueur, made by Gilbeys of Ireland.
- Moher – The Cliffs of Moher is a natural attraction with amazing views.
- Connemara – Located in the northern area of County Galway, Connemara has some spectacular topography.
- Cormac – charioteer
- Cabbage – This leafy vegetable is a staple in Ireland and makes a funny dog name.
- Burren – As in the karst landscape in County Clare.
Discover even more Irish Dog Names.
Scottish Dog Names
Scottish Male Dog Names
Scottish Female Dog Names
Other Cool Scottish Dog Names and Meanings
- Lomond: A loch in Scotland
- Greer: Alert
- Highlander: From the Scottish Highlands
- Embra: Nickname of Edinburgh
- Bairn: Baby
- Dafty: Silly
- Bonnie: Beautiful
- Cameron: Crooked nose; surname
- Tweed: River in Scotland
- Scotch: Malt or grain whisky made in Scotland
- Skye: Island in Scotland
- Thistle: National flower of Scotland
- Athol: Region in Scotland
- Logan: Little hollow; surname
- Arran: Island in Scotland
- Cannie: Smart, clever
- Campbell: Crooked mouth; surname
- Nessie: Nickname of the Loch Ness monster
- Lindsay: Region in
- Haggis: Traditional Scottish food
- Blair: Battlefield; surname
- Stirling: City in Scotland
- Tartan: Traditional Scottish pattern
- Barclay: Birch wood; surname
- Lennox: Surname
- Ainsley: Solitary woodland; surname
Want more larger list of Scottish dog names? Visit this article.
English Dog Names
English Male Dog Names
English Female Dog Names
Other English Dog Names and Meanings
- Axel – Meaning father of peace. German origin
- Briggs – English origin meaning ‘bridges’.
- Benson – British origin meaning ‘son of Ben’
- Cannon – French. ‘Meaning official of the church’
- Amir – Arabic for Prince. Strong commanding
- Beau – French. meaning ‘handsome’
- Colt – British origin meaning ‘frisky young horse’
- Duke – Latin meaning ‘leader’
- Grady – Irish. Meaning ‘renowned’
- Dawson – British origin meaning ‘son of David’
- Kobe – Popular Hungarian name
- Ike – Hebrew origin meaning ‘laughter’
- Leon – Greek origin meaning ‘lion’
- Hugo – A male name of Latin origin
- Major – Latin word meaning ‘greater’
- Nikko – British origin meaning ‘victory’
Discover even more British dog names.
Spanish Dog Names
Spanish Male Dog Names
Spanish Female Dog Names
Other Spanish Dog Names and Meanings
- Tostada: one of the most traditional Spanish breakfast foods is a tostada — a piece of toasted bread.
- Enchillada: a corn tortilla rolled around a filling and covered with a savory sauce.
- Paella: or Pypy for short, this is a dish of rice and seafood
- Tigres: a Spanish seafood dish
- Gaz or Pacho: both are short for Gazpacho, which is a cold vegetable soup
- Tortilla: a type of thin flatbread, typically made from corn or wheat.
- Jamón: a favorite in Spain, ham
- Catalana: short version of Crema Catalana, is the Spanish version of a crème Brulee
- Empanada: a Spanish filled pastry
- Corona: a Spanish beer
- Churro: a fried pastry made from dough
- Leche: Spanish for milk
- Pisto: Spanish version of ratatouille, which is a stewed vegetable dish
- Chorizo: a cured spicy sausage
- Croquetas: refers to fried food rolls
- Fabada: short for Fabada asturiana, this is a rich Spanish bean stew
- Bravas: short for patatas bravas, which is fried potatoes
- Nacho: from Nachos, tortilla chips
Discover even more Spanish dog names.
Italian Dog Names
Italian Male Dog Names
Italian Female Dog Names
Other Italian Dog Names and Meanings
- Bella – “Beautiful”
- Bellissimo – Meaning very beautiful.
- Bambino – Italian for baby. How cute is this name?
- Cane – The literal translation of dog.
- Bianca – “White” Perfect for light-colored or white pups.
- Carina – “Cute”
- Cucciolo – Meaning “puppy,” “cub,” or any type of baby animal in general.
- Bruno – “Brown hair”
- Bravo – “Good boy”
- Luna – “Moon”
- Dolce – “Sweet”
- Lupo – “Wolf”
- Grazie – “Thank you” in Italian just sounds like a cool name, doesn’t it?
- Mamma Mia – Believe it or not, Italians really do say this as an expression.
- Polpetto – Lovingly translates to “meatball.”
- Piccolo – Meaning “little one.”
Discover even more Italian dog names.
French Dog Names
French Male Dog Names
French Female Dog Names
Other French Dog Names and Meanings
- Aubin – white
- Amoureux – lover
- Coquelicot – poppy
- Félicité – happy or lucky
- Heureux – happy
- Flâneur – aimless loafer
- Amé – beloved
- Fleur – flower
- Amie – friend
- Chanceux – lucky
- Bijou – jewel
- Baldoin – brave friend
- Franco – french or relating to french
- Coquette – flirt
- Fille – girl
- Esmé – esteemed or loved
- André – male warrior
- Cassoulet – sausage and bean soup
Discover even more French dog names.
German Dog Names
German Male Dog Names
German Female Dog Names
- Frau or Fraulein
Other German Dog Names and Meanings
- Ernie/Ernest/Ernst – serious, resolute
- Felix – happy, fortunate
- Heidi – of noble birth
- Frederik – peaceful ruler
- Mischa – who is like God
- Fritz – also peaceful ruler
- Millie – gentle strength
- Marta – lady
- Kaiser – emperor
- Heinrich – home of the king
- Lola – lady of sorrows
- Liesel – pledged to God
- Emmet – universal, truth
- Ursula – little female bear
- Ida – industrious one
- Leona – lioness
- Hans – God is gracious
- Heinz – also home of the king
- Gunther – bold warrior
- Franz – free man
- Sofie – wisdom
- Trudy – spear of strength
- Hilda – battle woman
- Wanda – shepherdess; wanderer
Guys, these are the perfect list of European dog names for male and female puppies. We hope that you like the precious list of dog names. Please share with friends and family on social media sites.