Are you looking for mythological names for boy and girl dogs? We have compiled the ultimate list of fabulous goddess names for dogs.
Naming a dog cannot be an easy task. You need to understand your dog’s personality, behavior, appearance, and characteristics.
Mythological dog names often have a story to tell. Here is a list of cool dog names from the Greek goddesses, monsters, and heroines and their tales.
You can find lots of inspiration from the stories passed down from generation to generation. You can learn lessons of strength, bravery, and glory from the stories.
To help you to start with finding the perfect name for your dog, we’ve listed the best goddess dog names with their meanings to understand Viking or Nordic mythology.
List of Top Powerful Male and Female Goddess Names for Dogs
Are you looking for mythology names for male and female dogs? Here is a great collection of the best Greek, Egyptian, Roman, and Norse goddess names for dogs.
- Hercules: strong and powerful demi-god.
- Bellaque: meaning war.
- Pluto: Greek god of the underworld
- Eros: love
- Melaina: black or dark
- Brutus: famous Roman politician.
- Helios: god of the sun
- Atlas: leader of the Titans
- Thor: thunder god with iron gloves.
- Narcissus: a hunter who was obsessed with his own image.
- Romulus & Remus: the founders of Rome, raised by a she-wolf.
- Thebes: capital of Ancient Egypt.
- Ull: close combat god.
- Rhea: goddess of fertility and motherhood
- Neptune: Roman complement of Poseidon
- Hephaestus: god of fire and blacksmiths.
- Cyclops: name was given to one-eyed mythological giants.
- Vidar: melancholic and sad, this god solves any conflict.
- Ares: god of violence, war, and blood.
- Clio: muse of history
- Linus: leader of lyric song
- Helen: daughter of Zeus
- Nefertiti: queen of Ancient Egypt.
- Hercules: god of strength and power
- Duat: the kingdom of the dead where Osiris reigns.
Related: Coffee Dog Names
Mythology Names for Dogs
This list of the most mythology dog names is inspired by fantasy, mythology, and supernatural stories.
Check out the ultimate list of mythical names for dogs.
- Cerberus: a three-headed dog that guards the gates of Hades.
- Crete: cradle of the Roman empire.
- Hera: the highest of the goddesses
- Poseidon: lord of the sea, earthquakes, and horses.
- Ferox: meaning ferocious.
- Nyx: goddess of the night
- Scarab: a beetle, a popular religious and cultural symbol.
- Aura: goddess of the breeze
- Thalia: joyous
- Odin: Norse mythology’s most important god
- Aphrodite: goddess of love and beauty
- Curia: oldest Roman assembly.
- Moirai: owners of life and destiny of men.
- Phaedra: bright
- Cassandra: cursed priestess.
- Sobek: the Nile crocodile.
- Loki: a mischievous god of fate and chaos
- Heimdall: son of nine damsels, guards the gods, and hardly sleeps.
- Mars: god of war
- Poseidon: god of the sea
- Selene: goddess of the moon
- Surt & Hrym: giants that led the forces of destruction.
- Cassandra: priestess of Apollo
- Zeus: the highest of the gods
- Tyet: the knot of Isis.
Related: Exotic Pomsky Dog Names
Celtic Female Names for Dogs
- Morpheus: god of dreams
- Höor: mysterious blind dog.
- Geb: god of the Earth.
- Daphne: daughter of the river god
- Vallhala: Asgard’s room, governed by Odin, it’s where the brave rest.
- Hermes: god of trade and travel
- Dionysus: god of wine, celebrations, and ecstasy.
- Máni & Hati: the moon and the wolf that chases it.
- Luna: Roman goddess of the moon
- Pan: god of the wild
- Nidhogg: a dragon that lives in the roots of the World.
- Magna patriam: great homeland.
- Homer: legendary poet, author of the epic poems the Odyssey and the Iliad.
- Demeter: goddess of fertility and agriculture.
- Athena: virgin goddess of wisdom.
- Galatea: a heart-stealer.
- Morpheus: Greek god of dreams.
- Argus: watchful guardian
- Gaia: the Earth goddess.
- Nun: heaven, the dwelling of the gods.
- Lupa: the she-wolf that raised Romulus and Remus.
- Brontes: thunderous
- Athena: goddess of wisdom
- Achilles: Greek hero of the Trojan war.
- Jupiter: the Roman king of the gods
Looking for mythological female dog names? Check out this article for cute female dog names.
Greek God Names for Dogs
- Deka (ten)
Related: Greek Dog Names – (Traditional and Mythological Names)
Roman God Names for Dogs
Related: Ancient Roman Dog Names with Meanings
Norse God Names for Dogs
- Tyr – Tyr is the god of war
- Alföðr – Allfather
- Leif – means heir, descendant, beloved
- Ivar the Boneless – Son of Ragnar
- Thor – You know the god of thunder!
- Ubba – Another real Viking
- Bloodaxe – Viking king
- Ullr – The Norse god of the hunt, archery, and shields
- Loki – Brother to Thor
- Lodjur – Lynx
- Erik the Red – Founder of the Greenland settlements
- Odin – Or the all-father
- Draugr – An undead creature
- Muninn – The second raven that travels the world.
- Bilrost – The Rainbow bridge between earth and Asgard
- Arne – Eagle
- Fitch – the Norse god of rule
- Berserk/berserker – Medieval warrior gangs
- Njord – The god of sea and wealth
- Cnut- (Ku-nut) Real Viking
- Magni – He is the god of brute force and strength
- Bjorn – Bear
- Jarv – Wolverine
- Huginn – One of the two ravens that travel the world and reports to Odin
- Fenrir – A monstrous wolf or Dread wolf
- Sunna – He pulls the sun and is the brother to Mani
- Sigurdr – Hero of the family Volsungar
- Bjorn – Bjorn Ironside, son of Ragnar Lothbrok
- Skoll – The giant wolf that chases the sun
- Alfheim – Elf
Related: Meaningful Eskimo Names for Dogs
Egyptian Goddess Names for Dogs
- Sadiki (faithful)
- Rashidi (wise)
- Hasani (handsome)
- Runihura (destroyer)
- Khepri (morning sun)
- Sabra (patient)
- Jabari (brave)
- Lateef (gentle)
- Ramses (considered the most powerful ruler in Egyptian history)
- Layla (born at night)
- Nefertiti (Egyptian queen and global icon of beauty)
- Musa (of the water)
- Jamila (beauty)
- Skylar (sky)
- Kamilah (perfection)
- Pepi (third king of the sixth dynasty of Egypt)
- Osiris (lord of the underworld)
- Omari (highborn)
- Pharaoh (king of Egypt)
- Nomti (strong)
- Karim (noble and generous)
Related: Funny Chihuahua Names for Dogs
Goddess Names for Boy Dogs
- Artemis: virgin goddess of hunting, giving birth, and animals.
- Váli: god of archer soldiers.
- Hermes: messenger of the gods, god of business, and thieves.
- Iris: goddess of the sea and sky
- Evander: Greek cultural hero
- Echo: a magical wood nymph
- Gaia: mother goddess over Earth
- Selene: goddess of the moon, great for a silver dog.
- Leander: lion man
- Anubis: protector of and guide to the underworld, depicted with a dog’s head.
- Calliope: muse of epic poetry
- Fauna: Roman goddess of animals
- Neith: early Egyptian goddess of war and wisdom.
- Athyr/Hathor: sky goddess, symbolic mother of the pharaohs.
- Perseus: destroyer
- Plato: important philosopher.
- Opeth: an Ancient Egyptian festival.
- Hera: marriage and family goddess.
- Horus: the falcon-headed god of the sky.
- Hela: guard of the dead.
- Dagr & Nótt: day and night.
- Pandora: the first human woman
- Sidera: luminous.
- Victoria: Roman goddess of victory
- Odysseus: hero of Homer’s The Odyssey
Check out more boy dog names here.
Dog names from Egyptian mythology
- Fortuna: luck or fortune
- Nike: goddess of victory.
- Bragi: wisdom god.
- Ajax: hero of the Trojan War
- Luna: goddess of the moon.
- Zeus: the king of gods, heaven, and lightning.
- Magnus: in honor of Alexander the Great, conqueror of Persia.
- Artemis: goddess of the hunt
- Vulcan: god of fire
- Loki: unpredictable god, creates chaos and fate.
- Fenrir: giant wolf.
- Troy: the famous ancient city, the site of the famous war between the Trojans and Greeks.
- Vanir: sea, nature, and woods god.
- Achilles: hero of Homer’s The Iliad
- Athens: the most important “Poli” or city in Greece.
- Penelope: devotion and fidelity
- Nile: a river that gives Egypt life.
- Jotuns: giants, wise and dangerous beings for men.
- Asgard: high heaven, where the gods live.
- Juno: queen of heaven
- Diana: Roman name for Artemis
- Echo: nymph who was banished by Zeus.
- Seirios: Sirius: the brightest star, also known as the ‘dog star’.
- Argos: Odysseus’ dog.
- Apollo: god of light, the sun, poetry, and archery.
- Odin: the most noble and important god.
- Damon: trust and loyalty
- Valkyrie: beautiful, strong, and warrior women, they brought heroes fallen in battle to Vallhala.
- Aloades: giants that challenged the gods.
- Theseus: Athenian king
- Jason: leader of the Argonauts
- Aphrodite: goddess of love and lust.
- Phoebe: Titan associated with the intellect
Guys, these are the ultimate list of goddess dog names. We hope that you enjoyed the dog names. Please share with friends and family on social media sites.
Leave a Reply