Have you recently adopted a soft-coated wheaten terrier? We’ve gathered a comprehensive list of the top and best Irish terrier dog names for male and female puppies.
Choosing a perfect name for a dominant dog can be a difficult process. You need to understand your dog’s personality, behavior, appearance, and characteristics to name a dog.
The Irish terrier is a dog breed from Ireland, one of many breeds of terrier. The Irish terrier is considered one of the oldest terrier breeds. The Dublin dog show in 1873 was the first to provide a separate class for Irish Terriers. Wikipedia
These dense and wiry coat dogs are intelligent, respectful, lively, dominant, protective, and trainable in temperament. This breed comes in wheaten, red wheaten, and red color.
When it comes to naming your Irish Terrier, you have a golden opportunity to reflect their fiery personality, striking appearance, and indomitable spirit.
From classic choices that pay homage to the breed’s rich heritage to quirky options that elicit a chuckle, the world of Irish Terrier names is as diverse as the personalities of these lovable canines themselves.
To help you to start the process of searching for a good name, we’ve handpicked the ultimate list of best male and female names for Irish terrier dogs.
List of Top Irish Terrier Dog Names for Male and Female Puppies
Looking for the perfect name for your Irish Terrier? Check out our top picks for male and female puppies.
Male Irish Terrier Names for Dogs
Find the perfect name for your male Irish Terrier. Explore our list of strong and dashing name options.
More Irish Terrier male names here!
Female Irish Terrier Names for Dogs
Looking for a name that matches your female Irish Terrier’s charm? Browse our list of delightful options.
More Irish terrier female names here!
Black Irish Terrier Names for Dogs
Unleash the magic with our collection of black Irish Terrier names. Find the perfect name for your pup.
Irish Terrier Names Based on Irish Geography and Landmarks
Discover Irish Terrier names inspired by the beauty of Ireland’s geography and iconic landmarks.
- Cliffs – Inspired by the majestic Cliffs of Moher.
- Tara – Named after the mystical Hill of Tara.
- Shannon – Paying homage to the longest river in Ireland.
- Blarney – A spirited nod to the iconic Blarney Stone.
- Galway – Celebrating the vibrant city on the west coast of Ireland.
- Dingle – Inspired by the charming town on the Dingle Peninsula.
- Connemara – Named after the rugged and captivating Connemara region.
- Wicklow – A nod to the scenic Wicklow Mountains.
- Aran – Inspired by the picturesque Aran Islands.
- Killarney – Celebrating the breathtaking beauty of Killarney National Park.
- Limerick – A lively name inspired by the city of Limerick.
- Clonmacnoise – Paying homage to the ancient monastic site.
- Sligo – Named after the scenic county in the northwest of Ireland.
- Skellig – Inspired by the mystical Skellig Islands.
- Kilkenny – Celebrating the medieval city of Kilkenny.
- Inishmore – A name inspired by the largest of the Aran Islands.
- Glendalough – Paying homage to the serene valley and monastic site.
- Howth – Inspired by the picturesque village and peninsula near Dublin.
- Conn – A name derived from the River Conn, flowing through County Mayo.
- Mizen – Celebrating the scenic Mizen Head Peninsula.
Funny Irish Terrier Names for Quirky Personalities
Make everyone smile with our hilarious and quirky name suggestions for your Irish Terrier. Get ready to giggle!
- Wiggles – Perfect for the Terrier with a perpetually wagging tail.
- Zoomie – A playful name for the dog who loves zooming around the house.
- Snugglepuff – Because your Terrier is a master of snuggling.
- Spud – A quirky name that celebrates the love of all things potato.
- Biscuit Bandit – For the mischievous Terrier who can’t resist stealing treats.
- Noodle – Because your dog’s antics sometimes leave you in stitches.
- Bark Twain – A clever twist on the famous author’s name, for a talkative pup.
- Sir Wigglesworth – Because your Terrier has a regal charm combined with a wiggly nature.
- Fuzzbucket – An endearing name for a Terrier with a fluffy coat.
- Squirrel Chaser – Perfect for the Terrier with an insatiable love for chasing squirrels.
- Snickerdoodle – Because your Terrier is as sweet and delightful as a cookie.
- Noodle Noggin – A playful name for a Terrier with a bit of a scatterbrain.
- Barking Bean – Celebrating your Terrier’s boundless energy and enthusiasm.
- Wigglebutt – Because your dog’s wagging tail is impossible to resist.
- Snifflemonster – For the Terrier with an extraordinary sense of smell.
- Sir Prance-a-Lot – A whimsical name for a Terrier who struts with confidence.
- Bumblepaws – Celebrating your Terrier’s endearing clumsiness.
- Yapperdoodle – Because your Terrier has a knack for enthusiastic barking.
- Pudding Pop – A sweet and silly name for your adorable Terrier.
- Snugglebug – Because your Terrier is a professional cuddler.
Traditional Irish Terrier Names for Old-School Pet Owners
Embrace the classics with our list of traditional Irish Terrier names for pet owners with a vintage taste.
- Seamus – A classic Irish name meaning “supplanter.”
- Molly – A beloved Irish name for female Terriers.
- Finnegan – Derived from the Irish name Fionnagáin, meaning “fair-haired warrior.”
- Bridget – A traditional Irish name symbolizing strength and virtue.
- Sean – A timeless Irish name meaning “God is gracious.”
- Aoife – Pronounced “ee-fa,” it means “beauty” or “radiant.”
- Liam – A popular Irish name meaning “resolute protector.”
- Niamh – Pronounced “neev,” it means “bright” or “radiant.”
- Eamon – Derived from the Irish name Éamonn, meaning “guardian” or “protector.”
- Fiona – A lovely name meaning “fair” or “white.”
- Colleen – Derived from the Irish word for “girl,” it’s a charming name for female Terriers.
- Cormac – A strong and noble Irish name meaning “charioteer.”
- Eileen – Derived from the Irish name Eibhlín, it means “bright” or “shining.”
- Declan – A popular Irish name meaning “full of goodness.”
- Siobhan – Pronounced “shuh-vawn,” it means “God is gracious.”
- Ronan – Derived from the Irish name Rónán, meaning “little seal.”
- Maureen – A classic Irish name for female Terriers, meaning “bitter” or “rebellious.”
- Dermot – Derived from the Irish name Diarmaid, it means “free from envy.”
- Aisling – Pronounced “ash-ling,” it means “dream” or “vision.”
- Padraig – The Irish form of Patrick, symbolizing nobility and honor.
Famous Irish Terrier Names from Literature and Pop Culture
From books to movies, explore our collection of famous Irish Terrier names inspired by literature and pop culture.
- Toto – The lovable Terrier from “The Wizard of Oz.”
- Balto – Inspired by the heroic sled dog from the animated film.
- Pippin – Named after the mischievous Hobbit from “The Lord of the Rings.”
- Gromit – The loyal and intelligent dog from the animated series “Wallace & Gromit.”
- Lassie – A classic name associated with the iconic collie from books, movies, and TV.
- Marley – Inspired by the unforgettable Labrador Retriever from “Marley & Me.”
- Snoopy – The imaginative and adventurous beagle from the “Peanuts” comic strip.
- Buck – The fearless and determined sled dog from Jack London’s “The Call of the Wild.”
- Lady – Inspired by the elegant Cocker Spaniel from Disney’s “Lady and the Tramp.”
- Max – The energetic and lovable Terrier from “The Secret Life of Pets.”
- Shadow – Named after the loyal and wise Golden Retriever from “Homeward Bound.”
- Oliver – A charismatic name inspired by the adventurous orange tabby from “Oliver & Company.”
- Gatsby – A name with a touch of elegance, inspired by F. Scott Fitzgerald’s “The Great Gatsby.”
- Rover – A classic and timeless name for a loyal Terrier.
- Tinkerbell – A whimsical name associated with the mischievous fairy from Peter Pan.
- Huckleberry – Named after Mark Twain’s adventurous character, Huckleberry Finn.
- Sherlock – A clever and intellectual name inspired by the brilliant detective Sherlock Holmes
- Dobby – Named after the endearing house-elf from the Harry Potter series.
- Scooby – A playful and lovable name inspired by the iconic Great Dane, Scooby-Doo.
- Paddington – A charming name associated with the lovable bear from the beloved children’s books.
Creative Irish Terrier Names for Red-Haired Dogs
Let your red-haired Irish Terrier stand out with our creative and captivating name ideas. Blaze a new trail!
- Rusty – A classic and straightforward name for a fiery-haired Terrier.
- Ember – Symbolizing the glowing embers of a fire, perfect for a spirited redhead.
- Phoenix – A mythical name representing rebirth and fire, ideal for a vibrant Terrier.
- Ginger – A playful and lively name that captures the essence of red-haired Terriers.
- Flame – A dynamic and fiery name for your spirited companion.
- Copper – Inspired by the reddish-brown hue of the metal, a fitting name for a red-haired Terrier.
- Blaze – Symbolizing a powerful fire, this name suits a Terrier with a strong personality.
- Ruby – A precious gemstone associated with deep red hues, perfect for a regal Terrier.
- Crimson – Evoking the rich and intense red color, a bold name for a striking Terrier.
- Sunset – A name that captures the beauty and warmth of a red-haired Terrier’s coat.
- Rufus – Derived from the Latin word for “red,” an ideal choice for a Terrier with a fiery coat.
- Poppy – Inspired by the vibrant red flower, symbolizing energy and liveliness.
- Blaze – A name that conveys both the intensity and allure of a red-haired Terrier.
- Fuego – The Spanish word for “fire,” a captivating and exotic name for a fiery Terrier.
- Garnet – A gemstone associated with deep red hues, symbolizing strength and passion.
- Flame-Heart – A poetic and evocative name for a Terrier with a fiery personality.
- Emberlynn – A unique and feminine name that combines “ember” and “lynn,” reflecting the warmth of a red-haired Terrier.
- Fox – Inspired by the beautiful red coat of a fox, a fitting name for a sly and cunning Terrier.
- Blush – Capturing the delicate and rosy shade of a red-haired Terrier’s fur.
- Rustle – A whimsical name that brings to mind the sound of autumn leaves, perfect for a lively red-haired Terrier.
Irish Terrier Names that Mean “Brave” or “Loyal”
Find a name that embodies bravery and loyalty for your Irish Terrier. Discover our meaningful name suggestions.
- Finn (means “fair” or “white”)
- Keeva (means “gentle” or “beautiful”)
- Kellan (means “mighty” or “brave”)
- Caoimhe (means “gentle” or “kind”)
- Conan (means “little wolf” or “brave”)
- Brigid (means “exalted one” or “strong”)
- Egan (means “fiery” or “ardent”)
- Riona (means “queenly” or “brave”)
- Angus (means “unique choice” or “strength”)
- Ciaran (means “dark-haired” or “brave”)
- Mairead (means “pearl” or “brave”)
- Oisin (means “little deer” or “brave”)
- Keeley (means “brave warrior” or “beautiful”)
- Ruairi (means “red-haired king” or “brave”)
- Niamh (means “radiant” or “brave”)
- Ronan (means “little seal” or “brave”)
- Deirdre (means “sorrowful” or “loyal”)
- Tiernan (means “lordly” or “brave”)
- Ailbhe (means “bright” or “loyal”)
Guys, these are the perfect list of best male and female names for Irish Terrier dogs. We hope that you like the precious collection of dog names. Please share these names with friends and family on social media sites.
Leave a Reply