Are you looking for cute dog names for girls? We’ve gathered ultimate list of best one syllable girl dog names that are short and sweet.
Choosing a perfect short name for girl dog can be difficult process. You need to understand your dog’s behavior, personality, appearance, look, and physical characteristics to name a dog.
The first thing in your mind is to give a unique name to your pup. This is the first preference while adopt a girl pup.
To help you to start with the process of choosing a good name for your little pup, we’ve handpicked comprehensive list of best pretty female one syllable dog names.
List of Top One Syllable Girl Dog Names with Meanings
- Cher, of French origin, for a dog who is ‘cherished’ and dear to you.
- Dee, of English origin, short for Diana.
- Mei, of Chinese origin, a name for your girly fur baby meaning ‘beautiful’.
- Rae, of Hebrew origin, meaning ‘protector’.
- Bree, of Irish origin, meaning ‘strength’.
- Fran, of Latin origin, an old school name meaning ‘free’.
- Lou, of French origin, meaning ‘warrior’.
- Queen, an apt name for a girl fur baby who behaves like the Queen.
- Shu, of Chinese origin, meaning ‘charming’.
- Fawn, of English origin, meaning ‘young deer’.
- Bea, of Latin origin, meaning ‘happy’ or ‘blessed’.
- Eve, derived from Eva, meaning ‘life’.
- Sue, of English origin, meaning ‘lily’.
- Elle, of French origin, meaning ‘girl’.
- Rose, a name for the gentlest girl.
- Ann, of Hebrew origin, meaning ‘grace’.
- May, after the Roman goddess Maia.
- June, after the Roman goddess Juno.
- Nell, of English origin, meaning ‘light’.
- Jude, of Hebrew origin, if you want to take some inspiration from the Beatles song.
- Rue, short for Ruth, which literally translates to ‘friend’.
- Shay, of Irish origin, meaning ‘gift’.
- Kay, of Greek origin, meaning ‘rejoice’.
- Liz, short for Elizabeth.
- Claire, of Latin origin, meaning ‘wonderful’.
- Blaire, of Scottish Gaelic origin, meaning ‘meadow’.
Related: One Syllable Dog Names
One-Syllable Names for Female Dogs
Looking for a list of one syllable names for your girl pup? Here are some names that will delight you.
- Joon/Jun (Chinese “king,” or “talented, handsome,” depending on pronunciation)
- Loup (derived from the Latin word for “wolf”)
- Shae/Shay (derived from the Irish Gaelic word for “majestic”)
- Mei (means “beautiful” in Chinese)
- Ruth (derived from a Hebrew name meaning “friend”)
- Luce/Luz (means “light” in Italian/Spanish)
- Nyx (means “night” in Greek)
Check this article for more one-syllable female names for dogs.
One Syllable Names for Girl Dogs
- Blanche (derived from a Germanic word, blanc, meaning “white” or “fair”)
- Rei (means “beautiful, lovely” in Japanese)
- Shu (means “good, pure, virtuous, charming” in Chinese)
- Ai (from the Chinese word for “love” or “friendly,” depending on pronunciation)
- Reine (means “queen” in French)
- Pax/Paz (means peace in Latin/Spanish)
- Fay/Fey (derived from a Middle English word meaning “fairy”)
- Reese/Rhys (means “enthusiasm” in Welsh)
Short Dog Names for Girls
Below is a list of inspiring one syllable names for your special furry girl.
- Cho/Chou (means “butterfly” in Japanese)
- Na (means “elegant, graceful, delicate” in Chinese)
- Kim (means “gold” in Vietnamese)
Guys, these are the perfect list of best one-syllable dog names for girls. We hope that you like the precious collection of dog names. Please share these names with friends and family on social media sites.
More Dog Name Ideas
Looking for more one-syllable names for your dog. Check out our other articles: